Saturday, February 2, 2013

Chobani...You Had Me at "Silver Spoon" #tastereal

After weeks of putting in extra time at work and traveling to see family, our winter illnesses took us by surprise. I think between the three of us we had the flu, a sinus infection and an ear infection-cough combo that seemed like they would never end. Not unlike most people on the east coast right now since it is cold and flu season.

It was as if the white, icy snow that blanketed Annapolis had sucked the air right out of our little house. We needed to sleep, gobble up comfort food, and watch movies. Of course life with a toddler doesn't always work like that. Last week was just super busy for us. In addition to the usual weekday madness that is working, commuting, and raising a toddler, we wound up needing to be at different medical appointments a few days in a row.

That's enough to make anyone feel like their work-life "balance" is out of control. I felt like a crazed woman as I conference called into my son's appointment from my car because I had to be somewhere else. I strained to hear what the nurse practitioner was saying. Was that "both ears are infected", or...? We ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for dinner that night. Winter colds are no fun for anyone! Now, back to the yogurt.
Imagine our delight when a big, bright box of yogurt landed on our doorstep! Just what the doctor ordered. Inside were containers of all-natural raspberry and chocolate Greek yogurt in 100-calorie "bites", coffee flavored, blueberry, strawberry and tubes of healthy Greek yogurt for kiddos.

But I have to admit that the spoon, packaged neatly and balanced atop meticulously packed yogurt containers stole the show. With the Chobani logo on top and #tastereal (hashtags and taglines are used for marketing and "word of mouth" campaigns through social media) on back, this spoon was built for the challenge. What a clever marketing idea! We just ate it up (sorry, couldn't resist!).

Do your kids love yogurt? I know those little yogurt tubes are for kids, but I loved eating the ones Chobani sent myself because I could sneak one in anytime to stave off my hunger. And they are practically guilt-free.

Do you eat Chobani? What are your favorite yogurt flavors?
Please mother, may I have some more Chobani?
 Thank you cho much Chobani, we really enjoyed the treats! 


Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

8 comments:

  1. Yum!!!! I'm eating my chobani right now --- strawberry banana is my fav!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Raspberry or blueberry are my personal favs!

      Delete
  2. That spoon picture is amazing! That is a keeper, good thing Chobani helped make this photo op perfect!... Haven't tried that brand but think now I might give it a swirl ( hehehe)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, yes, def give it a swirl. The Chobani "bites" were the perfect size and great for dessert, especially at 100 calories!

      Delete
  3. That spoon has definitely gotten rave reviews... and thankfully so have our new products! Hope y'all are feeling better. Being sick is no fun. Thanks for taking the time to share this awesome review. We really appreciate you helping to spread the word!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth. We really had a blast!

      Delete
  4. I love Chobani! For me, I usually use the plain greek yogurt, a blender, some skim milk, a bananna, some strawberry protein powder and four or five frozen strawberries- throw it all in a blender, dump it into a plastic cup and off to work I go! Healthy, filling and amazing taste!

    the other way we use it is for dessert- a small bowl of plain Chobani, mix in some natural honey. Sometimes I put it on a piece of pound cake, but, it's also just as good if you just throw some black/raspberries into it and eat it that way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yummy! Now I am craving a breakfast smoothie James! I've never thought to add yogurt to pound cake, but it's a wonderful idea because it's healthier than ice cream and probably tastes similar, especially if you add fruit too! My favorite dessert ever is strawberry shortcake, next time I'm going to try swapping out the ice cream for yogurt :)

      Delete